|Lake Erie Monsters - 1 Center Ice - Cleveland, OH - 44115-4001 - (216) 420-0000 - Family of Companies|
Dear Monsters Season Ticket Holders,
Thank you for your support of Cleveland Professional Hockey and The Lake Erie Monsters. As key Monsters stakeholders, we wanted to inform you about an important initiative that will be taking place for the 2011-12 American Hockey League season. Below is a letter from AHL President David Andrews that was released to the public that details this initiative:
Dear AHL Fans:
As we conclude our historic 75th Anniversary Season and prepare for the start of the 2011Calder Cup Playoffs, I want to thank you for your support of the AHL and share with you what we believe is an important initiative as we begin to look ahead to the 2011-2012 season.
Over the past few years we have been working closely with the National Hockey League and with the Professional Hockey Players’ Association to seek a solution to what has become a very onerous playing schedule. As our league has grown and our game has become faster and more physical, the wear and tear on our players from the frequency of games and travel has begun to affect player development and at times the quality of competition.
I am pleased to announce that beginning next season we will be modifying our schedule from 80 games to 76 per team, lengthening our playing calendar by a week, eliminating all sequences where our teams have been required to play four games in five days and reducing the first round of the Calder Cup Playoffs to a best-of-five series.
These steps are intended to provide a safer environment for our players through increased rest and recovery time, and also provide our fans with an even higher caliber of play as the result of reduced player fatigue.
In the short term, this initiative will require some adjustments to our clubs’ business plans due to the elimination of two home games, but in the long term, it is clearly the right thing to do for our players and our fans.
Thank you very much for your continued support.
President and CEO American Hockey League
Based on this schedule modification to 76 overall games and 38 home games starting with the 2011-12 season, we are excited to provide you with several different options for next season based your needs as a Season Ticket Holder and what is most important to you. You do not need to choose your option at this time, however we wanted to make you aware of these options immediately:
• Ability to receive two free 1st Round Playoff games for the 2012 Playoffs (same amount of seats on your season ticket account).
• Ability to receive a group outing of 10 tickets to a pre-selected list of games for the 2011-12 season.
• Ability to receive extra seats to two games of your choice (same number of seats that are on your season ticket account- games based on availability).
• Ability to receive tickets to a pre-selected group of Cleveland Cavaliers and Mid American Conference Tournament games for the 2011-12 season (same amount seats on your season ticket account).
• Ability to receive seats in a suite for either a Monsters or Cavaliers game or a “family show” (ice show, circus, etc.) based on availability (same amount of seats on your season ticket account).
• Ability to have tickets donated to Monsters Charities, where underprivileged youths will receive tickets to games on your behalf. You will be sent a receipt for your donation.
• Ability to receive access to an “all-inclusive” club experience from a list of pre-selected Monsters games for the 2011-12 season based on availability (same amount of club passes that you have on your season ticket account).
*options may be added or subject to change
After your review, please let us know if you have any questions. We will follow up with you later in the spring with information on how to choose your option for the 2011-12 season. Thank you again for your tremendous support of the AHL and Lake Erie Monsters Hockey and we look forward to seeing you at The Q very soon!
Lake Erie Monsters